Digestion, absorption, elimination – herbs that sooth and relax, herbs that
The doughnut concept.
The role of polysaccharide herbal compounds. What is a
Impact of inflammation on absorption.
Consequences of two fast and too slow
Role of pharmaceutical anti acids.
The role of bitters.
Home remedy solutions
- Acute stomach infections
Feasting, fasting, celebration and new beginnings.
Physiology of fasting.
Wheat and dairy, sugar.
Food as medicine eating for health.
Knowing your own patterns.
Elimination diets and allergy testing.
Controversy around fats, good fats, bad fats.
of understanding in nutrition.
What do we mean by detox?
- Name four ‘red-light’ signs associated digestion Change
- Name three factors associated with acid reflux.
- Describe four kinds of laxative
- Name a food or herb that delivers each of the actions.
- Name three herbs that sooth
the mucous membrane.
- Make a soothing herbal jelly.
- Name 4 common food triggers of and intolerance.
- Quote key WHO figures
relating to CV disease and diabetes.
- Describe how to manage a two week elimination diet.
- Name three herbs that help the body in the process of elimination.
the process of glycolysis and its relationship to fasting.
- Describe how to make
- Outline some physiological consequences of fasting and ‘detox’.
- Make a nettle tonic.
- The role of iron in the body
- CVideo lecture on digestion and herbs.
- Video lecture on
fasting and detox.
- Nettle video.
- Annotated links to peer reviewed journals.
links to annotated YouTube clips, Ted talks etc.
- Annotated links to relevant websites.